No products found in this collection
Ruku Fin Blades
Ruku fin blades are a serious contender in the spearfishing fin world because they don't just provide great efficiency but are designed to propel even in strong current or when hauling up a big fish. Most composite fin companies priorities making a fin that is efficient and effective in calm water - and with a consistent kick power and amplitude.
But us spearo's don't have the luxury of pool conditions and sometimes we've spent a little too long down there, or need to wrangle a fish back up to the surface. In this scenario you're not thinking about efficient fining technique and in this scenarios you just want a fin that's gonna get you back to the surface ASAP.
If your blades are super flexy all the way through the blade, when kicking hard, they tend to bend down near the toes and cease to provide efficient propulsion. Rukus, on the other hand, move their taper further towards the tip, this retains the goal of flex without being ineffective under full power.
Some of the Adreno crew, including founder Tim, were in Tonga this year along with Ruku and Team New Zealand spearfisherman Rowan Virbickas (pictured) was guiding for us. He was running a set of Ruku blades and, granted, he was dive fit, but we'd never seen someone move through the water with such ease, let alone with two hands full of flashers and burley. Hence why we now carry Ruku.
Ruku Fin Blades Features
- Multi-axial Fibreglass Construction: ensures minimal torsional flex
- Variety of Stiffness Ratings: For all applications!
- Handmade in New Zealand: our down under brethren know a thing or two about diving, that's for sure.
- Flexible and efficient tapering: a full-length taper provides a flexible blade and ample tip-whip.
- Stiff blade base: stiffer than freediving fins to remain effective when hard fining against a current, big ol fish or carrying a bunch of flashers etc.
- Fits all footpockets - that we've tried!